Thursday, December 15, 2011

Nice Seed Money photos

Check out these Seed Money images:


Seed Money
Seed Money

Image by teamjenkins
Seed Money - Money that is used to start a small business

Pretty hard for me to find an interesting idiom that can be conveyed in a photograph. Seed money stuck in my head so I went with it. And I like apples, so I had a snack too.

Taken for Assignment52 Week 12 - Idioms +++ View On White +++

Nikon D90 | Sigma 17-70mm (ƒ/2.8-4.5) @ 70mm | ƒ/7.1 | ISO 200 | 1/200s

Strobist info:
SB-80DX @ 1/8 thru Photoflex LiteDome (small) from left, white reflector on right
Optical trigger


Seed collection - IL Forest Service
Seed Money

Image by jweisenhorn
Seeds are collected annually by the Illinois Forest Service and natural areas reseeded, saving money for the State and preserving important native plant species.


Seed statue
Seed Money

Image by Ben.Millett
This "statue" is on the St. Paul campus. It's a metal and glass "seed" with a live plant inside. It's the "ag" campus, so they put this up to commemorate all the "ag" stuff going on here. It's pretty much a waste of money...

18 comments:

  1. Oooh, nice shot for this week's assignment! From the thumbnail I couldn't figure out what it is, but this is really clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! Lighting is lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh ~ very clever creation ! ! ! I love the lighting and those pennies are very shiny. ;-) Brilliantly composed for this assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, fantastic interpretation! I love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a great shot for the assignment...wonderfully creative and great idiom as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fantastic and so creative for the idiom challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. fantastic idea, love the soft light!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Holga! Very nice photograph. I really like the graphic lines. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. great angle! I love how that white streak comes in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I'm an admin for a group called Artsy Twin Cities, and we'd love to have this added to the group!

    ReplyDelete